Ithaca Underground (IU) is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to assist with volunteer coordination and running day-of-show operations. This is a collaborative role, and this position works closely with the other Logistics Coordinator. Together, you would be responsible for running the Logistics Committee as Co-Coordinators.
The goal of the Logistics Coordinator is to recruit volunteers to help with specific shows, and to assist and supervise these volunteers with day-of-show operations. Specifically, the Logistics Coordinator reaches out to our volunteer base via email, Slack (our messaging platform), and social media, with the aim of getting volunteers to sign up for specific shows. On the day of a show, the Logistics Coordinator assists with setup and tear-down of IU equipment, and acts as a point of contact for volunteers, artists, and venue staff.
Together, the Logistics Co-Coordinators will:
- Regularly attend shows to assist volunteers with day-of-show operations
- Maintain the IU Logistics Calendar with information about volunteer signups
- Update the IU Show Volunteering Signup form with new shows
- Monitor the IU Logistics email address for new volunteer show signups
- Send reminders to volunteers in advance of a show
- Attend regular Logistics & Coordinator meetings (typically held every 2-3 months)
- Collaborate with other committees as necessary
Persons who are interested in this position should send a brief letter of introduction along with any other relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org - once we receive your message, we will reach out to you with more information.