Ithaca Underground Seeks Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Coordinator – Volunteer Position:
Ithaca Underground (IU) seeks a volunteer to oversee the coordination of the IU volunteer program. If you are looking for a truly unique volunteer experience motivating and encouraging a group of talented volunteers, this position is for you!
Coordinator will work with IU volunteers to facilitate monthly committee meetings, volunteer recruitment & development, and present regular all-ages events at local venues such as The Chanticleer Loft, Sacred Root Kava Lounge, The Haunt & CSMA.
Position will require approximately 10-12 volunteer hours each week, primarily during evening hours including some weekends.
- Develop & maintain IU volunteer roster.
- Create & send bi-weekly volunteer eNewsletter.
- Attend and coordinate monthly volunteer Logistics, Outreach, & Development meetings.
- Ensure volunteers are following up on committee commitments.
- Attend and coordinate volunteers at performances (shared responsibility with Board President and volunteer show GM’s).
- Assist Logistics team leads with day-of-show volunteer assignment & scheduling.
- Coordinate volunteer training sessions with Board President and trainers on sound engineering, photography, videography, and more.
- Communicate upcoming needs to volunteers with direct contact to encourage participation.
- Track volunteer hours for those receiving volunteer credit.
- Ensure for proper transport, set up and storage of IU equipment.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Requirements: At least one year applicable experiences with:
- Working with volunteers and youth.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including email & text.
- Proven competency with Facebook and other social media.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 lbs.
- Reliable transport to downtown Ithaca.
This is a volunteer position reporting to Bubba Crumrine, President of the Ithaca Underground Board.
To apply, send introductory cover letter & résumé to email@example.com by June 27th, 2016.
To learn more about our 501c3 not-for-profit organization and our radically inclusive all ages events, visit https://ithacaunderground.org/about.